A collection of resources on the Git VCS.
Git is a free and open source distributed version control system designed to handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency.
Books and Tutorials
- Pro Git - The entire Pro Git book, written by Scott Chacon and Ben Straub and published by Apress, is available here. Download this book in PDF, mobi, or ePub form for free.
- Become a git guru - Atlassian - Responsive site with Git tutorials, training and articles.
- Git In The Trenches - Git In The Trenches, or GITT is designed to be a book that focusses on teaching people to use Git by associating with scenarios that are experienced by a fictional company called Tamagoyaki Inc. Download this book in PDF, mobi, or ePub form for free.
- Official Git Tutorial - This tutorial explains how to import a new project into Git, make changes to it, and share changes with other developers.
- Official Git User Manual - This manual is designed to be readable by someone with basic UNIX command-line skills, but no previous knowledge of Git.
- Try Git Tutorial by Github and CodeSchool - This tutorial is a quick 15 minutes sprint to get started with Git within the browser.
- Git Ready - ‘Learn git one commit at a time’ by Nick Quaranto
- Hub - Hub is a command-line wrapper for git that makes you better at GitHub.